January 29, 2014
SDN PreCon Concludes First Exploration of Software-based Networking
Norwalk, Conn—January , 2014— TMC today announced the completion of the first SDN PreCon event that was held January 28, 2014, at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida. Through its educational and exploratory programming, looked at Software-Defined Networking (SDN) technologies and components, use cases and the remarkable impact SDN will have on the traditional networking concept.
The agenda at SDN PreCon explored the revolutionary approach of networking from an applications-first standpoint. Industry innovators and thought-leaders provided insight on the opportunities available for enterprises and service providers, SDN strategy assessment, applications and more. Educational sessions at SDN PreCon included:
- An analyst update from Mike Sapien, Principal Analyst, U.S. Enterprise Practice at Ovum.
- An ONF update by Sapien and Mike McBride, Director of Technology IP & Broadband at Ericsson.
- A session on SDN adoption challenges, featuring Sapien and Vimal Suba from Cisco.
- A discussion on “Big Blue and SDN,” presented by Charles Ferland from IBM.
- A session on how operators can use SDN to offer new enterprise services, featuring Bernstein and Don McCullough, Director of Technology Strategy and Marketing for Ericsson.
- A panel titled “Talking SDN with the Big Boys,” with Bernstein, Ferland, McBride, McCullough, Suba and Houman Modarrres, Senior Director Product Marketing at Nuage (an Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise).
- A closer look at the network virtualization solution MidoNet, by Bernstein and Adam Johnson, General Manager for Midokura.
- A session on SDN today and in the future, presented by Ronald Gruia, Principal Analyst for Frost & Sullivan.
“SDN PreCon presented exciting discussions that took a deep dive into this new networking trend that holds so much opportunity across the industry,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman. “As SDN matures, we look forward to rejoining our SDN PreCon speakers and attendees to learn what new developments they’ve made and have planned for the networks of the future.”
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Ryan Sartor